We’re looking for a Director of Technology & Digital to join our team
What is YTL Arena?
YTL Arena Bristol is a 365-day entertainment complex, with interlinking facilities for live music, sport, exhibitions, conventions, TV and film, and much more.
We are transforming the iconic Brabazon Hangars, birthplace of Concorde, into the South West’s number one live entertainment destination.
YTL Arena is part of Brabazon, a pioneering a new place. A hub for culture and creativity, with a supersonic new Arena at its heart. To read more about our plans, click here.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the CEO, this role is responsible for shaping and developing the technology vision and strategy that will allow the Arena to thrive and build a solid competitive advantage and achieve its business objectives.
You will be accountable for up to £10m capex and supporting key departments in driving annual revenues of up to £50m when operational.
Embracing the company’s vision, living the values and promoting brand standards you will act as an ambassador to put Bristol on the world stage for live music.
You will be a key leader of the technology and digital strategy integrating YTL Arena & Brabazon neighbourhood creating a digital experience that is industry leading.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in driving the technology solutions programmes to delivery and defining and implementing the support model at one of the UK’s top arenas, and one of the most high-profile projects in the South West.
The Director of Technology and Digital will support the wider business in putting Bristol on the World stage by:
- In collaboration with the Arena CEO, you will provide the vision and lead the design processes required to define the target operating model of the business
- Determine services to be provided by external contractors, service providers or suppliers and manage these services as approved
- You will be accountable for the design of the technology solutions required by the digital business model in accordance with the regulatory landscape and Group company standards where applicable
- You will prepare and maintain an overall programme to ensure ICT networks, systems and services achieve ‘go live’ dates in accordance with this programme
- Oversee the technology delivery programme, ensuring delivery to time, cost and quality
- Ensure that the support structures necessary for the long-term maintenance of the technology are in place and that networks, systems and services are fit for purpose and properly tested and commissioned
- Manage 3 – 5 direct reports with task management of resources based in other teams across the Group
- Develop a positive team culture where all team members work together and support each business area as required
Previous experience of sport, entertainment or multi-purpose venues is desirable along with experience of testing, commissioning and handover of a major facility.
You will have a Chief Technology Officer track record in successfully driving digital businesses and be fully conversant with digital business technologies.
You will have experience of delivering and managing multiple projects and programmes to tight deadlines with a proven track record of supplier management.
An engaging and dynamic leader you will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers and stakeholders at all levels. You will be energetic, have a passion for excellence and innovation and a desire to achieve outstanding results exceeding customer expectations and ensuring the highest possible quality standards.
You will be competent and confident when presenting technical information to senior non-technical stakeholders clearly communicating the benefits and ensuring they are enthusiastic about the possibilities it offers.
You will need to have your finger on the ‘technological pulse’ and remain aware of new trends and technologies and align technology related decisions with the company’s results and objectives.
What will you get from us?
We have a wealth of both financial and non-financial benefits to offer our people and are committed to ensuring we provide an environment that supports health and wellbeing.
We continue to promote diversity and inclusion. With that in mind, we welcome all applicants.
We are delighted to have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a Disability Confident Employer. Applicants who declare they have a disability or have previously served with the Armed Forces, and meet the minimum requirements for the job, will automatically be invited for an interview.
Please let us know if you require any additional support or adjustments to assist you in starting your journey with YTL Arena.
The appointment of successful applicant/s will also be subject to receiving suitable references and basic (or where job applicable) other criminal disclosure checks. You must also be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
If you think you have what it takes to work at YTL Arena Bristol, and want to join us on this incredibly exciting journey to create the South West’s first arena, then please get in touch to find out more.
Sound interesting? To apply, click here.